The browser you are currently using is not supported. Portions of our website may not display or function properly when used with your current browser.
We recommend using a most recent version of one of these supported browsers when visiting:
EUROPEAN CLUSTER CONFERENCE 2016
CLUSTERS 4.0: Shaping Smart Industries
Date: Thursday, 1st December 2016 and Friday, 2nd December 2016
Venue: Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace Hotel, 3 rue Gineste, 1210 Brussels (metro Rogier)
Number of participants: Limited to 250 cluster policy-makers, practitioners and other stakeholders
Pre-event of cluster matchmaking: Wednesday, 30th November 2016, Bozar, 11 rue Baron Horta, Brussels
Cluster matchmaking event organised by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform
Separate registration via http://www.clustercollaboration.eu/
The fifth edition of the European Cluster Conference will focus on the theme “Clusters 4.0: Shaping Smart Industries”, where you will have the opportunity to hear and discuss about the most recent trends and priorities for cluster policies and cluster organisations supporting industrial modernisation.
The spotlight will be on shaping smart industries that are not merely being transformed but that are transforming others and gain from the ‘fourth industrial revolution’ or 'Industry 4.0' trends towards mass customization and servitization. The key question is how to effectively use clusters to capitalise upon new technologies and service offerings that drive the digitalisation and industrial transformation trends, where everything is becoming interlinked and smart: factories, machines, autonomous production systems and the actors along the value chains.
Clusters 4.0 calls for the development of a generation of advanced cluster policies that responds to these new industrial challenges through facilitating cross-sectoral value chains, fostering internationalisation, boosting interregional cooperation and investments, and accelerating entrepreneurship and skills upgrading.
The conference is linked to the European Commission’s efforts to support European Strategic Cluster Partnerships and joined efforts under the thematic Smart Specialisation Platform for Industrial Modernisation as well as to support entrepreneurship and growth acceleration of SMEs in order to turn more start-ups into scale-ups across Europe.
In this spirit, you will have a chance at the European Cluster Conference:
- To discuss with other participants the challenges and actions to follow in order to drive cluster policy 4.0 in your region and country;
- To share experiences about industrial modernisation, particularly in the three areas of advanced and digital manufacturing, green manufacturing and the circular economy, and service innovation and the creative economy;
- To learn more about the European Cluster Panorama the Regional Ecosystem Scoreboard, and the lessons from model demonstrator regions and other EU cluster initiatives;
- To join any of the Corner discussions and test the tools of the European Cluster Observatory, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform and the Smart Specialisation Platform;
- To vote who should be the Cluster Manager of the Year and who should be the European Strategic Cluster Partnership of the Year; and
- To form new European Strategic Cluster Partnerships in your area of interest at a back-to-back cluster matchmaking event organised by the European Cluster Collaboration Platform.
Please note that only people who received an official invitation from the European Cluster Observatory are allowed to register.
Participants are kindly requested to complete their registration form online by 17 November 2016.
The conference draft programme will be available soon.
2 representatives per organisation
Due to the expected interest and limited available spaces in the conference, a maximum of two people per organisation is accepted. Exceptions will only be accepted in duly justified cases (please specify it in the “Additional information” section of the registration form).
English is the official language of the event. No interpretation service is provided.
About Belgium and Brussels
You will find more information about Brussels using the following internet links:
Tipik Communication Agency
Ms Unchisa DOMONT-SOUNTHONGSUK
Telephone: +32 (0)2 235 5653